Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Grey Rooms

When i was single and poor and used to live in the busy city of Chicago, I loved nothing better than to visit this huge flower store called A New Leaf. It was a dark and beautiful mix of greenery and flowers and  furniture that extended into the outdoor backgarden as well as a separate 'shed' and attic. It was like something out of the book 'Griffin and Sabine'-where I, the explorer, would unearth antiquities and rooms that no one else had seen before...well, the following images remind me of that store's charm- and I'd like to share it with you: 
takehome


nea summer flowers

IMG_4585

IMG_3744


<span class=
(images from Saipua)

 and I have to show these beautiful interiors images-they remind me a little of my first apartment-(minus the expensive sofa...table...carpet...well you get my point--the overall aura is there I swear it. :)) 



(images above from Atelier Abigail Ahern)

and lastly, a little Joni Mitchell, a perfect soundtrack for those rainy Sunday afternoons in Lincoln Park..
and don't forget your cup of coffee--black..

No comments:

Post a Comment