They weren't bad looking just old and worn. I also didn't care for the wood stain color, or the seat material for that matter. After cleaning it until I was satisfied all the cooties it might possibly have were gone, I removed the seat and sanded down the frame. I then painted the chair frames a bright cherry red. After it dried I painted over the red with an espresso brown --not very evenly, so the red still popped thru in areas.
I had found an interesting quilted fabric that had a worn looking print of flowers that I liked..
and Voila! There's my big ole' reveal..
Alright I think my next entry we'll get back to some of the best of the oddest of design and environmental endeavours...
until next time!