Monday, August 6, 2012

A little on the home front

Okay, this is just a little experiment. I want to show a little of the projects I do at home for fun.

Ikea has some wonderful patterned fabric--it's not  always something you might put on a sofa, but some large images that are whimsical and colorful-

so my bare stair landing needed some interest...

I bought a couple of yards of a few of the larger scale patterned fabrics and played with them in couple areas that needed some love...

The stair landing:
I took an old poster frame and cut the fabric the size of the poster's image and voila!






I will be adding more to that wall as i get more inspiration...
(Forgive the bad picture, It's hard to get a good angle for the stair-- and yes, that is a brick wall view from our window- but hey at least I can look into the neighbor's house, just 5 feet away :p )


I also needed to clean up our entry with some fresh paint and kid's storage--nothing too fancy and or expensive,
so I took out the ikea fabrics and made the simplest pillows I could with my limited sewing skills- painted the whole space a neutral beige with a slightly glossier finish for ease in cleaning.
ikea also has these panel dividers that are meant to be hung as a divider between rooms, i cut one into three pieces to make curtains for the entry sidelites and window and...
Voila!




I needed some artwork so i painted an old canvas with similar colors from the pillows, and a flower to match the panel fabric..

notice the pillows are different? i started with a big long pillow and kept playing around until i was satisfied with two smaller ones...Btw, the mirror is just an outdoor mirror from Canadian tire that was about $30, and the leather storage bench everyone has seen before - from Zellers for under a $100.

alright tune in tomorrow, you'll see what i did with these ugly chairs:






No comments:

Post a Comment