Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yarn Bombing and Happy Yellow

Well, I haven't posted anything in a while (had a baby and am finding not much time these days), but I am hoping to be back on more often!

So, while were on the subject of kids, check out this design and arts center for underpriveledged children in Thailand, designed by the architectural firm Sparch :





love this Swiss cheese facade..


and this yellow.. If I'm not mistaken, I think Feng Shui describes golden yellow as symbolic of health and well being, I wonder if the children who utilize this space feel that way too... (not sure what cow hide does, however :))






and lastly check out this fantastic installation in Seattle, Wa. from Suzanne Tidwell, it's called Yarn Bombing, it's an example of a new art movement where you knit unlikely objects in often public places, I've seen this around Uptown Waterloo, recently as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment